important booking information
- Rock Yard no longer offers BYO as we don’t hold a BYO license.
- At the moment we only accept groups of up to 12 people and we can only have a maximum of 100 people on our premises at any one time.
- For Tuesday’s “241” main dinner bookings, we only take bookings for two dinner seatings:
- Seating 1: Tables can be booked between 5:30 pm and 6:00 pm, and must finish at 7:15 pm.
- Seating 2: Tables can be booked between 7:30 pm and 8:00 pm, and must finish at 9:30 pm.
- We always reserve tables for walk-ins only, you are welcomed to walk-in without reservations.
- We do not take reservations for just drinks only. Our main dining rooms are reserved for dine-in purposes.
At Level 2
The Dining Room
In the light of the new, the rest of New Zealand is at Alert level 2 at 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August. We think it might be helpful if outlined what to expect when you visit us at the moment. A lot has changed, so let’s work together to keep dining out safe for all.
Remember that if you are unwell, please stay home – we’ll welcome you back another day.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- We are required to maintain a register of all customers. Please follow the instruction on your table to complete the form. This information will only be used if required for the purposes of contact tracing and will be destroyed after two months.
- If you’re here for a takeaway and order from the counter, please maintain a one-meter distance from anyone else outside of your group. We recommend you nominate one person in your group to queue, to keep everyone safe. Or use the online ordering system on our website.
- When using the toilet please practice good hygiene and wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds after use. If the toilet is occupied, you should wait at your table and return when it is free.
- You’ll have a single staff member taking care of you – taking your order, delivering your food and drinks and taking your payment.
- The overall limit on numbers is 100. Multiple groups of 100 are allowed provided they are in separate ‘defined spaces’ and there is no mingling of people between the different spaces (including in common areas). 1 metre physical distancing is required between groups and there must be at least 1 metre between tables.
- Ordering and collecting food and drinks at the counter is not permitted at bars.
- Please maintain good personal hygiene while you’re here. Sneeze and cough into your elbow and either carry your own hand sanitiser or make use of the ones we’ve provided.
WHEN YOU FINISH
- When it comes time to pay if your table is paying in one bill, you will need to pay there if possible. You must not hand over your card to the server.
- If you are paying separately, please pay at the counter. The staff member may let you know when you can come up to the counter. If the counter is occupied, you should wait at your table and come up when it is free. You’ll need to keep a distance of 1 metre from any other customers as well as staff.
- PayWave is preferred but if you are paying with other methods the Eftpos machine will be wiped down with sanitising wipes after each use.
- Even though you love your servers and hospo friends – remember – no hugs and kisses at level 2!
- Takeaways – the only thing that has changed from level 3 is that if you have ordered take away online, or by phone, you will be able to pick this up inside but there will still be physical distancing rules when you come to pick up. We have a separate pick up place to help manage customers.
2 FOR 1 MAIN TUESDAY
Terms & Conditions:
- Available for lunch & dinner (Dine-in & take out pick up) until sold out.
- Two for the price of one (the meal of lesser value is free).
- Tables more than 5 guests, one bill is applied.
- “241 Main” applies for Big Flavours, Curries, Noodles & Salads. Excluded Salmon dishes.
PHONE: 04 381 3930
Let us know if you have any questions, inquiries, & comments 🥰🥰